NASCAR books date at track
It's official: NASCAR's coming next year to the Kansas Speedway.
NASCAR officials announced this week the Winston Cup schedule in 2001 will include a Sept. 30 race at the speedway, at the intersection of Interstates 70 and 435. This means that next year's Winston Cup will include 36 events.
The track, running well ahead of its original construction schedule because of the past mild winter, will open with an IRL race on July 8, 2001, and then host a Busch Series race on Sept. 29.
The track will seat about 75,000 people.
The addition of the Kansas City race, as well as one in Joliet, Ill., brings the Winston Cup schedule to 38 weeks, including two non-points events The
Bud Shootout and The Winston.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- What's on your (license) plate?
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field