Team takes Pleasant Ridge
Tonganoxie took charge, improving its record to 7-13 in a doubleheader at Pleasant Ridge Monday night.
The Chieftains took Pleasant Ridge in five innings in the first game, winning 11-1. They won the nightcap 5-0.
Doug Schneider pitched for the win and struck out eight batters. Brandon Harsh pitched in the second, striking out 12.
"I thought we were solid on the mound," said coach Chris Herron.
Kyle Rodell dominated the team offensively hitting 3-3 from the plate in the first game. He managed two doubles and three RBI. In the second game, Eric Whitner smacked in three runs with a homer.
Last Thursday, the Chieftains lost both games in a twin bill at DeSoto last Thursday, 10-6 and 7-6. In the second game, Tonganoxie was up 3-1 but DeSoto managed to pull in and tie the score at 3-3. The Chieftains led 6-5 in the top of the seventh inning. The Wildcats tied the score at 6 in the bottom of the inning. Tonganoxie was unable to score in the top of the eighth inning and the Wildcats drove in a run to win 7-6.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat