Leavenworth County Sheriff
A 2-year-old boy, Dalton Degroot, and father, Jeffrey Degroot, 38, both from Leavenworth were involved in a farming accident Monday. Dalton sustained serious injuries and was transported to Saint John Memorial Hospital in Leavenworth. He was then taken by Life-Flighted helicopter to Children's Mercy Hospital in Overland Park. The boy was in serious but stable condition, sheriff's reports said.
A vehicle driven by Brandy Longabach, Leavenworth, was traveling west on Meager Road Sunday when someone driving another vehicle forced Longabach's vehicle off the road into the ditch. There were no injuries and estimated damages were $200, according to sheriff's reports.
A vehicle driven by Judy Zulinski was traveling west on County Road 20 when her vehicle was hit by a car driven by Vincent Rocha, who lost control of his vehicle Tuesday. Rocha's vehicle hit Zulinski's head on. Luke McAdams, a passenger, was injured but refused to be transported to a hospital, sheriff's reports said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers nab 2nd at Wamego Invitational
- Upset special: Tonganoxie High baseball knocks off Atchison, Piper, earns 1st state berth since 2014.
- Tonganoxie High soccer opens 4-1A regionals as No. 4 seed
- State champions crowned across state
- Tonganoxie High scholars bowl team takes 4th at regionals