Bill and Vi Lux were married Nov. 9, 1950, at Holton.
Since 1951, the couple have lived in Tonganoxie.
They have five children, Mike Lux, Tonganoxie, Chris Guthrie, Tonganoxie, Patty Bowser, Arrington, Kan., Tracy Lux, McLouth, and Todd Lux, Edwardsville; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The children and their families are planning a surprise anniversary party from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday at Shoemaker's Auction Barn. Family and friends are invited to attend.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher