City council OKs mobile home plats
A mobile home park planned along U.S. Highway 24-40 cleared another hurdle Monday night, as Tonganoxie City Council members accepted plats for the project.
On Dec. 6, Tonganoxie Planning Commission members will review the final development plan for the park, which Steve Sturgeon plans to construct at the intersection of the highway and Smiley Road. The city council will consider the development plan on Dec. 11.
The proposed park has been a point of contention among some area property owners, who have cited concerns about additional traffic and whether the site is the best for such development. Sturgeon's land has been zoned for a mobile home park for more than 20 years.
Sturgeon has promised to construct a high-quality development and adhere to the city's mobile home regulations that, among other stipulations, require an annual review of his license for the park.
"You have to have strict rules and regulations in a facility like this, and they will have to be enforced," he said. "If you don't, it will turn into a dump."
More like this story
- Tonganoxie school board begins superintendent search groundwork
- Simons family selling Tonganoxie Mirror to Ogden Newspapers, Inc.
- WireCo to move headquarters across border to Kansas
- Kansas senator seeks to end daylight saving time
- Wild mustangs, symbols of the Old West, up for adoption in Tonganoxie