City council OKs mobile home plats
A mobile home park planned along U.S. Highway 24-40 cleared another hurdle Monday night, as Tonganoxie City Council members accepted plats for the project.
On Dec. 6, Tonganoxie Planning Commission members will review the final development plan for the park, which Steve Sturgeon plans to construct at the intersection of the highway and Smiley Road. The city council will consider the development plan on Dec. 11.
The proposed park has been a point of contention among some area property owners, who have cited concerns about additional traffic and whether the site is the best for such development. Sturgeon's land has been zoned for a mobile home park for more than 20 years.
Sturgeon has promised to construct a high-quality development and adhere to the city's mobile home regulations that, among other stipulations, require an annual review of his license for the park.
"You have to have strict rules and regulations in a facility like this, and they will have to be enforced," he said. "If you don't, it will turn into a dump."
More like this story
- WireCo to move headquarters across border to Kansas
- Hogs, residents compete for Kansas county's water supply
- While Kansas sees fewer earthquakes, more than ever rattle Oklahoma
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report
- Organization Orientation: Tonganoxie Civic Club