Chamber sponsoring circus on Saturday
Lions, tigers, elephants, trapeze artists, clowns and, of course, the Big Top.
The Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce will sponsor the Kelly Miller Circus at 2 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Saturday in the Tonganoxie Junior High School parking lot.
At 7:30 a.m. Saturday, the public is invited to watch the circus being set up.
Tickets are available at B&J Apple Market, First State Bank and Trust, Mutual Savings Association and Community National Bank.
This is the first year that the Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce has hosted this circus.
"We were looking for something that would be a little different," said Pat Albert, chamber president.
Albert thinks that the circus will be a good fund-raiser for the chamber, which will receive 25 percent of the ticket sales and 50 percent for each adult ticket sold over 200.
"We were looking for an event that would be of interest to the whole community, for both kids and adults," he said.
Albert said he hopes the chamber will sell about 1,000 tickets.
Mr. Jiggs the Clown will be in town a little before everyone else. He will make appearances today at Tonganoxie Elementary School, Genesis Christian Academy and Little Angels Learning Center.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High boys soccer ties KC Christian on Senior Night, finishes regular season unbeaten
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers nab 2nd at Wamego Invitational
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Chemistry key for Tonganoxie High softball in early going
- Knocking on the door for Tonganoxie wrestling