Before Friday night's football victory over Parsons, 10-0, the city of Tonganoxie turned out for a parade and pep rally downtown. Candidates for king and queen were featured in the parade, along with bands and the floats made by students. In addition, members of the football team, the cross country teams and the soccer team spoke to the crowd gathered at Fourth and Bury streets. Below, dance team member Adria Lenon performs Friday afternoon at a rally during the Tonganoxie High School homecoming parade. Left, Samantha Hassinger hands homecoming queen candidate Lisa Theno some flowers. Looking on are Ashley Mikijanis, left, Taylor Flewelling, right, Mark Gepner, upper left, and Bryan Breshears. The Tonganoxie High School band also added spark to the parade. Top right, band members and flag team members are, from right, Melissa High, Sarah Melchoir, Rachel Fish, Nicole Curran, Stephanie Downs and Kristine Unruh.
More like this story
- Kansas Department of Revenue warns of recent tax scam targeting residents
- Authorities investigating woman's death in northeast Kansas
- Leavenworth County liquor store allegedly sells to undercover 19-year-old
- Battle of Badges blood drive this week throughout Leavenworth County
- Leavenworth County authorities searching for inmate worker who left jail Thursday night