Before Friday night's football victory over Parsons, 10-0, the city of Tonganoxie turned out for a parade and pep rally downtown. Candidates for king and queen were featured in the parade, along with bands and the floats made by students. In addition, members of the football team, the cross country teams and the soccer team spoke to the crowd gathered at Fourth and Bury streets. Below, dance team member Adria Lenon performs Friday afternoon at a rally during the Tonganoxie High School homecoming parade. Left, Samantha Hassinger hands homecoming queen candidate Lisa Theno some flowers. Looking on are Ashley Mikijanis, left, Taylor Flewelling, right, Mark Gepner, upper left, and Bryan Breshears. The Tonganoxie High School band also added spark to the parade. Top right, band members and flag team members are, from right, Melissa High, Sarah Melchoir, Rachel Fish, Nicole Curran, Stephanie Downs and Kristine Unruh.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Hollywood Casino delays start of hotel project
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area