The importance of voter registration
The election season is upon us, and Leavenworth County residents certainly have some interesting and important choices to make in the Nov. 7 general election. But we cannot make the choices if we are not registered to vote.
The Leavenworth County clerk will close the voter registration books in fewer than two weeks. The deadline to register to vote is Oct. 23.
It only takes a few minutes, but it's the first step in truly exercising our rights as citizens of this county.
Residents will face a choice for president of the United States, as well as for representatives to the Kansas Statehouse and the Leavenworth County Commission. The candidates who are elected on Nov. 7 will be making some tough choices in the coming years about how to spend tax dollars, our tax dollars.
So be sure you're registered and be sure to vote in the general election.
More like this story
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development seeking applicants for 2015-16
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Kaija Baldock
- Tonganoxie box social proves to be lucrative fundraiser