Gas company official: Cost nearly twice last years levels
James Lambert, manager of community relations for Kansas Gas Service, has been watching costs rise.
The price of gas this year, versus last year, is approximately twice what it was, Lambert said.
Lambert keeps track of natural gas in MCF units. One MCF is equivalent to 1 million BTUs, he said, and signifies 1,000 cubic feet of natural gas.
Customers last month were paying a little over $6 for an MCF unit of gas, Lambert said. Last year at this time, customers were paying less than $3 a unit.
Lambert said Kansas Gas Service purchased the gas for the same price they sell it to their customers.
Theres a margin built into the delivery charge, of $1.45 per MCF unit of gas, Lambert said.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Wanted: Mural ideas for Tonganoxie