I recently was elected chairman of the Tonganoxie Planning and Zoning Commission.
From time to time, I would like to share ideas and hear the views of friends and neighbors as we plan for Tonganoxies future.
This article focuses on the mobile home park being developed at Smiley Road and Highway 24-20.
Although the property is zoned specifically for a mobile home park, I expect many people would rather not see it in the center of town.
The final plat will be considered on Nov. 2, and it is unfortunate that the Planning Commission may not have a choice but to approve the nearly 90-home park.
As we consider this development, I invite your comments and opinions.
Send your response to me at 200 West St., Tonganoxie, or voice your opinion at the planning commission meeting, which starts at 7 p.m. Nov. 2 at city hall.
More like this story
- State basketball wraps up during weekend
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown