Time approaches to change clocks
Its that time of year again. You know the drill: Spring forward, fall back.
Its autumn, so its time again to turn back clocks. The official expiration of daylight-saving time is 2 a.m. this Sunday.
As part of the annual ritual, the International Association of Fire Chiefs urges people to check smoke detector batteries when they change their clocks. Statistics provided by the group show that although 94 percent of American homes have smoke detectors, 20 percent do not work because of missing or dead batteries. In the United States, about 84 percent of fire deaths occur in homes where smoke detectors are not working.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 cancels Monday classes due to funeral services
- Jarbalo Jottings, Linwood News and McLouth Happenings
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions
- Cemetery stroll next month at Holy Angels with First City PAST group
- THS FCCLA members organize mock accident to bring safety awareness to Tonganoxie