Olathe firm signs contract for building
An Olathe business's plans to move to Tonganoxie's Urban Hess business park are back on track.
Gerald Shepherd, president of Superior Alloy Steel, said he signed a lease last week to purchase a lot and a 10,000-square-foot building in the business park.
The family-owned company is a stocking distributor of steel bar, including stainless steel, brass, copper, bronze, alloy bar and tubing, and precision shafting.
Plans call for the 5-year-old firm to move to Tonganoxie in January and to be in business here by Feb. 1.
The Leavenworth County Port Authority has agreed to sell the lot and building for $381,000.
Two weeks ago, Shepherd said he couldn't afford development requirements in Tonganoxie. The city council last week lifted some of those requirements, paving the way for the move.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises