Man pleads guilty in death of woman
A Kansas City, Kan., man pleaded guilty last week to first-degree murder in connection with the June death of a woman whose body was dumped in Stranger Creek in southern Leavenworth County.
Michael Reedy, 42, entered his guilty last week in connection with the strangulation death of Jennifer A. Menger, 29, Kansas City, Mo., according to Chris Schneider, assistant Wyandotte County district attorney.
Preliminary hearings for two others charged in the death Reedy's wife, Amy Reedy, and Reedy's cousin, Aaron Reedy have been postponed indefinitely, Schneider said.
Menger's body was dumped into the Stranger Creek area north of Linwood on June 13. Seven days later, two fishermen saw Menger's body floating face-down in the creek, just east of Linwood. Officials recovered Menger's nude body from the Kansas River about two miles downstream from Stranger Creek.
More like this story
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Tonganoxie Elementary School wins state title in Music Memory
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring