Now it seems we can blame the former city administrator for the confusion over the business assessments. It seems the present city council members should have remembered the same facts. I guess some people have short memories.
I have a theory on why the council wanted a 10-year payment plan. There has been talk about trying to bring a Wal-Mart to town. Since everyone, including the city council, knows that would almost surely kill the downtown, maybe the city council was trying to get the assessments paid, while there was still someone to pay them. I could be wrong, have been many times, but it sure makes sense to me.
Robert E. Dally, Tonganoxie
More like this story
- Wichita teachers challenged to teach refugee children
- Longtime educator, coach settles in as Tonganoxie High AD
- Tonganoxie USD 464 officials urging parents to apply online to assist in potential state aid
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events