Volleyball team drops three
In it's first game of the season, the Tonganoxie High School volleyball team got better the longer it played.
The volleyball team took on Bonner Springs, Baldwin and Atchison last Thursday at Tonganoxie High School. The girls finished the tournament 0-3.
"I was pleased with some of the things we've been working on," said Coach Kelly Alexander. "I could see them all improving the longer they played."
The Chieftains played Atchison first.
Losing the match two games to none, several players made some big plays for Tonganoxie. The Chieftains had several side-outs, but they had a hard time putting two together for a point.
In the second match, against Bonner Springs, the Chieftains lost the first game, but rallied to win the second 16-14. Unfortunately, the Chieftains couldn't hold on in the third game, and lost the match.
Baldwin then beat the Chieftains 2-0 to take the remaining match.
"We're got a young team, and they just need some time," Alexander said. "As long as we keep working we'll have something to build on for next year."
But the Chieftains still have several games to play before next year.
They played at Bonner Springs Tuesday evening and play again at 5 p.m. next Tuesday at DeSoto.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Mayor Ward's appointments
- Tonganoxie City Council holds off on excise tax decision for church
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Curtis Oroke
- Latest Tonganoxie police station search part of multi-year saga