Shepek resigns from commission
Larry Shepek, who has served on Tonganoxie's planning commission for more than six years, resigned from the commission last week.
"I'm resigning because of health problems in my family," Shepek said Monday. "I need to spend time directly with my family to help them through this period."
Shepek said he had enjoyed working with the city council and the other committees, as well as with the city planner and two city administrators.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.