Shepek resigns from commission
Larry Shepek, who has served on Tonganoxie's planning commission for more than six years, resigned from the commission last week.
"I'm resigning because of health problems in my family," Shepek said Monday. "I need to spend time directly with my family to help them through this period."
Shepek said he had enjoyed working with the city council and the other committees, as well as with the city planner and two city administrators.
More like this story
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants