Home Depot secures site on highway in Lansing
Home Depot, an Atlanta-based home improvement retailer, has taken an option on land in Lansing.
"The business (Home Depot) is looking there and it's an 18.4 -acre project, including the parking lot," said Lansing City Administrator Michael Smith. "But the total land that looks to be purchased is 37 acres."
Smith declined to say if other businesses were interested in the remaining 18 acres.
The land is near the car wash at Kansas Highway 7 and 4-H Road, Smith confirmed.
Tom Gray, spokesman for Home Depot, confirmed last week that the retailer had been considering the Leavenworth-Lansing area for a Home Depot.
Smith said he expected an announcement to be made about Home Depot at Thursday's meeting of the Lansing City Council that will begin at 7:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes