Casino hearing set for Tuesday
About 10 weeks after members of the Delaware Tribe of Indians revealed their hopes to construct a casino in Leavenworth County, the public will have its say.
Next Tuesday, the Tonganoxie City Council will host a public hearing on a proposal for a casino in southern Leavenworth County.
The hearing will get under way at 7 p.m. at Tonganoxie High School. During the first hour, members of the tribe and others involved in casinos, will make presentation.
The public will have a chance to comment during the following 90 minutes. Under a format agreed upon by the city council, each speaker will have a maximum of two minutes to speak.
As of noon Tuesday, eight people had signed up to speak during the public comment session of the meeting. Council members suggest that anyone wanting to speak should register at city hall.
More like this story
- Governor creates Social Services Policy Council
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row