City’s comprehensive plan nears approval
The city of Tonganoxie is one step closer to a new comprehensive development plan.
Last week, planning commission members adopted the test of the plan, called "Vision 2020." However, they did not take action on the land-use maps that accompany the plan because city staff members still are making corrections.
At a 7 p.m. work session next Tuesday, planning commissioners are expected to take action on the maps. The Tonganoxie City Council is scheduled to consider the entire plan including the maps at its April 23 meeting.
The planning document, designed to guide growth in Tonganoxie for the next 20 years, also must include some specifics for adoption of goals in the guide. Kent Weatherby, a planning commissioner who served on the comprehensive plan task force, said those might include ways the city coordinates with community groups to achieve the goals in the plan.
"These aren't matters that are scary," Weatherby said. "There's nothing here that scares me at all. It just says: Communicate with everyone we need to communicate with."
More like this story
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report
- Kansas-Johnson County College offer degree program
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development graduates 12 students for 2015-16
- Baker University reports strong new enrollment since 2007
- Topeka High School teacher surprises student with car gift