Services for Edna Osborne, 93, Edwardsville, were Monday, April 9, 2001, at Alden-Harrington Funeral Home in Bonner Springs. Burial was in Forest Hill Cemetery in Kansas City, Mo.
Mrs. Osborne, a former resident of rural Tonganoxie, died Friday, April 6, 2001, at Parkway Care Home in Edwardsville. Se was born Aug. 3, 1907, in Massac, Ill.
She married Arnie Osborne in 1928 and they moved to the Kansas City area in 1956. In 1973, they moved to rural Tonganoxie.
Mr. Osborne died in 1973, and a son, Arnie Osborne Jr., died in 1992.
Survivors include five daughters, Evva J. Mendel, Bonner Springs, Fran Oelschlaeger-Jones, Tong-anoxie, Helen L. Ramsey, Silver City, N.M., Linda Gentry, Deep Water, Mo., and Marilyn Frasier, Raytown, Mo.; three sisters, Alta Bogt, Eldon, Ill., Evelyn Minnor, Kirkwood, Mo., and Lillian Barnett, Karnak, Ill.; 10 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Heartland chapter of the Alzheimer's Association, 3846 W. 75th St., Prairie Village, 66208.
More like this story
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- Knights of Columbus free-throw contest is this weekend
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Summer in Tonganoxie: Library offers special themes for programs
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September