Services for Edna Osborne, 93, Edwardsville, were Monday, April 9, 2001, at Alden-Harrington Funeral Home in Bonner Springs. Burial was in Forest Hill Cemetery in Kansas City, Mo.
Mrs. Osborne, a former resident of rural Tonganoxie, died Friday, April 6, 2001, at Parkway Care Home in Edwardsville. Se was born Aug. 3, 1907, in Massac, Ill.
She married Arnie Osborne in 1928 and they moved to the Kansas City area in 1956. In 1973, they moved to rural Tonganoxie.
Mr. Osborne died in 1973, and a son, Arnie Osborne Jr., died in 1992.
Survivors include five daughters, Evva J. Mendel, Bonner Springs, Fran Oelschlaeger-Jones, Tong-anoxie, Helen L. Ramsey, Silver City, N.M., Linda Gentry, Deep Water, Mo., and Marilyn Frasier, Raytown, Mo.; three sisters, Alta Bogt, Eldon, Ill., Evelyn Minnor, Kirkwood, Mo., and Lillian Barnett, Karnak, Ill.; 10 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Heartland chapter of the Alzheimer's Association, 3846 W. 75th St., Prairie Village, 66208.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck