Services for Edna Osborne, 93, Edwardsville, were Monday, April 9, 2001, at Alden-Harrington Funeral Home in Bonner Springs. Burial was in Forest Hill Cemetery in Kansas City, Mo.
Mrs. Osborne, a former resident of rural Tonganoxie, died Friday, April 6, 2001, at Parkway Care Home in Edwardsville. Se was born Aug. 3, 1907, in Massac, Ill.
She married Arnie Osborne in 1928 and they moved to the Kansas City area in 1956. In 1973, they moved to rural Tonganoxie.
Mr. Osborne died in 1973, and a son, Arnie Osborne Jr., died in 1992.
Survivors include five daughters, Evva J. Mendel, Bonner Springs, Fran Oelschlaeger-Jones, Tong-anoxie, Helen L. Ramsey, Silver City, N.M., Linda Gentry, Deep Water, Mo., and Marilyn Frasier, Raytown, Mo.; three sisters, Alta Bogt, Eldon, Ill., Evelyn Minnor, Kirkwood, Mo., and Lillian Barnett, Karnak, Ill.; 10 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Heartland chapter of the Alzheimer's Association, 3846 W. 75th St., Prairie Village, 66208.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- McLouth High baseketball teams' seasons end at sub-state
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state