Obituary: Delvin H. Johnson
Delvin H. Johnson
Services for Delvin H. Johnson, 63, Tonganoxie, were Sunday, April 8, 2001, at Tonganoxie United Methodist Church with the Rev. YongBo Lee officiating. Burial was in Maple Grove Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Johnson died Wednesday, April 4, 2001, at his home. He was born Jan. 21, 1938, in Washington, Kan., the son of Harold and Mildred (Barker) Johnson.
He served in the U.S. Army from 1961 to 1963. He moved to Tonganoxie 25 years ago from Clay Center. After 41 years as a construction supervisor for the state, he recently retired after supervising the completion of the U.S. Highway 24-40 project.
Mr. Johnson was a member of the Tonganoxie United Methodist Church.
On April 18, 1959, he married Karel Wiemers in Washington, Kan. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Todd, Boise, Idaho; a daughter, Brenda Myers, Jefferson City, Mo.; a sister, Carol Yound, Exeter, Neb.; and five grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the VFW Park or the Special Learning Center, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital 5K Run/Walk Tonganoxie race Saturday
- Tonganoxie, McLouth student-athletes named to all-Lawrence Journal-World teams
- Tonganoxie High sprinters 8th at Kansas Relays
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Lindsay Eccles
- Tonganoxie, McLouth teams prepare for regional, substate assignments