Tonganoxie woman dies in one-vehicle accident
A one-vehicle accident last week claimed the life of a rural Tonganoxie woman.
Lonna Drown, 45, 17326 178th St., died Wednesday night when her car ran off U.S. Highway 24-40 near Woodend Road, according to Leavenworth County sheriff's reports. Drown was traveling north when the accident occurred about 11:20 p.m. Her car went off the east side of the highway and hit several trees before coming to a stop, sheriff's reports said.
An obituary appears on page 2A.
The accident remains under investigation. An autopsy was performed Thursday morning to help determine the cause of the accident.
"Nobody witnessed the accident happen," said Sgt. Andy Dedeke. "One car, single occupant, nothing at the scene to indicate one way or the other what actually happened. To get a conclusion, we requested an autopsy. Did she have medical problems or what?"
Dedeke said officials saw no apparent problems with the car before the accident.
He added that he expected results this week.
Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service and Reno Township Fire Department, as well as the sheriff's officers, responded to the accident.
More like this story
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues