Auction features Willie Wilson memorabilia
Sports fans can get a close-up look at Willie Wilson's World Series ring Saturday.
Tonganoxie resident George Warren, who holds two auctions a year for the federal bankruptcy court in Kansas City, Mo., will be auctioning baseball memorabilia belonging to former Kansas City Royals baseball player Willie Wilson.
Warren said the World Series ring is appraised for close to $10,000.
"I'll probably kick it off for $2,500 and see what happens," Warren said.
Because of the sale of Wilson's items, Warren is expecting a larger-than-usual crowd.
The auction kicks off at 11 a.m., and Wilson's things are expected to start selling at 1:15 p.m., Warren said.
Other sports-related items of Wilson's include baseballs, bats, bases and a football.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Planning commissioner files for Leavenworth County commission
- Kansas officials riled by EPA's changes to power plant rule
- Kansas Republicans hold to hard-right on social issues at state convention in Overland Park