Fund to benefit injured man
A fund has been established to benefit a local man who recently was injured.
Tony Maurer, 19, a sophomore at Pittsburg State University, was injured April 1 in a four-wheeler accident in Pittsburg.
John Foley, Piper, Maurer's uncle, said the accident crushed Maurer's spine and severed his spinal cord, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down. Maurer, a 1999 graduate of Tonganoxie High School, is the son of Leroy and Susan Maurer of Tonganoxie.
Contributions to the Tony Maurer Fund may be sent to Citizens Savings and Loan, 15500 State Ave., Basehor, 66007.
More like this story
- Kansas efficiency consultants outline $2 billion in savings, efficiencies over five years
- Tonganoxie superintendent pleads not guilty to alleged failure to report sex abuse at former school
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Tonganoxie USD 464 moving end-of-year balance to help cover facility improvements
- New proposal would cut Kansas school districts by half