Services for Verna Kahn, 79, Lawrence, were Friday, April 13, 2001, at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence. Burial was in Reno Cemetery, Reno.
Mrs. Kahn died Wednesday, April 11, 2001, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was born Oct. 21, 1921, in Kana, Iowa, the daughter of Frederick and Cora Augusta (Wagoner) Cook.
At age 8, she moved to Garnett and attended school there. She graduated from Garnett High School and moved to Kansas City. She attended beauty school and then moved to Lawrence, where she worked for Vanity Beauty Salon until 1948. She moved to a farm near Tonganoxie, then purchased apartment houses in Lawrence. She and her husband farmed and operated the rental properties.
She married Edward Alfred Kahn on Aug. 24, 1948, in Olathe. He died July 14, 1984.
Survivors include two sons, James Kahn, San Jose, Calif., and Alfred Kahn, Tonganoxie; a brother, George Cook, Park River, N.D.; a sister, Peggy Roberts, Ottawa; and two grandchildren.
More like this story
- McLouth's Greene signs to pitch for Saint Mary softball
- Remember When: A Community Review for Dec. 14, 2016
- Cowboy event moseying in this weekend into Tonganoxie
- Cornerstone Family Worship inviting community to celebrate opening Sunday
- Tonganoxie City Council holds off on excise tax decision for church