Registration available for city vote
Voter registration books for Tonganoxie residents will be open until 5 p.m. Monday.
On May 22, Tonganoxie voters will be asked to decide whether the city clerk can live in Leavenworth County, as well as in an adjoining county.
Polls will be open from 7 p.m. to 7 p.m. that day, and voting will take place at two sites in Tonganoxie at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
According to state law, voter registration books must remain closed for two weeks before an election.
Tonganoxie voter registration books will reopen on May 23, the day after the special election.
More like this story
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Newell Rubbermaid to expand Winfield, add 320 jobs
- Organization Orientation: Tonganoxie Civic Club
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action