Registration available for city vote
Voter registration books for Tonganoxie residents will be open until 5 p.m. Monday.
On May 22, Tonganoxie voters will be asked to decide whether the city clerk can live in Leavenworth County, as well as in an adjoining county.
Polls will be open from 7 p.m. to 7 p.m. that day, and voting will take place at two sites in Tonganoxie at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
According to state law, voter registration books must remain closed for two weeks before an election.
Tonganoxie voter registration books will reopen on May 23, the day after the special election.
More like this story
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas
- Leavenworth County liquor store allegedly sells to undercover 19-year-old
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas governor says final power plant rule 'twice as bad'
- Kansas officials riled by EPA's changes to power plant rule