Letter: Helping others in need
To the editor:
Garrett Daily, the 2-month-old son of Tonganoxie Police Officer Brian and Megan Daily, was recently diagnosed with infant leukemia. A fund has been established to assist the Dailys at the First State Bank and Trust. Make our checks to The Garrett Daily Fund, First State Bank and Trust, Box 219, Tonganoxie, 66086.
One of the great things about living in Tonganoxie is how people respond in times of adversity. As a police officer, Brian puts himself on the line for us every day. Now it's time for all of us to step up for him, Megan and Garrett.
We read stories like Garrett's and honestly feel very bad but do we really try to do anything? Well, here is what I am going to do. I have been blessed with four healthy grandchildren. I am going to donate $5 in each of their names to Garrett's fund. I hope all the parents and grandparents that read this letter do the same. Let's help Garrett all we can.
More like this story
- 2 Topeka nursing homes, Washburn partner on internships
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Accomplished musicians to perform Sunday at First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie
- Area columnists: Jarbalo Jottings and McLouth Happenings
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie school nurse Heather DeMaranville