Barbara Jeane Parker
Services for Barbara Jeane Parker, 68, Kansas City, Kan., will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 11, 2001, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Maple Grove Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Parker died Sunday, August 5, 2001, at her home in Kansas City, Kan. She was born Oct. 29, 1932, in Tonganoxie, the daughter of Mark H. and Susie Jane (Brown) Matthews Sr.
She married John A. Parker on April 6, 1959. in San Diego, Calif.
In 1996, she retired from the Environmental Department of St. Joseph Hospital.
Survivors include her husband, of the home; eight brothers, Robert Matthews, San Diego, Earl Matthews, Darchester, Mass., Mark Matthews, Bremington, Wash., Clifford Matthews, St. Louis, Mo., Jesse Matthews, Kansas City, Mo., Floyd Matthews, Tonganoxie, David Matthews, Lansing, Claude Matthews, Kissimmee, Fla.; and two sisters, Ruth Ellen Jones, Kansas City, Kan., and Margaret Stanley, Kansas City, Mo.
Friends may call at the funeral chapel from 9 a.m. until service time on Saturday.
More like this story
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit