County fair kicks off this week
As just about any member of Leavenworth County 4-H clubs knows, the annual fair already is well under way. In fact, pre-fair activities began weeks ago.
But perhaps what kicks off the fair for many members of the public is the annual parade through downtown Tonganoxie and on to the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds.
This year's parade is set for 6:30 p.m. today. It travels from east to west down Fourth Street.
Carnival rides will be offered through Saturday, and a wide variety of special events are planned for this year's fair.
Of course, 4-H'ers will exhibit the fruits of a year's worth of work, and area businesses plan displays.
A complete schedule of events, as well as coverage of the dog show and results from the shooting competition appear on pages 10A and 11A of today's edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Technology award for Tonganoxie Community Historical Society
- KU's lavish shrine to Naismith's 'Rules of Basket Ball' takes shape
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society wins state technology award
- Kansas official: Plans not firm for American Royal project in Kansas City
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete