County fair kicks off this week
As just about any member of Leavenworth County 4-H clubs knows, the annual fair already is well under way. In fact, pre-fair activities began weeks ago.
But perhaps what kicks off the fair for many members of the public is the annual parade through downtown Tonganoxie and on to the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds.
This year's parade is set for 6:30 p.m. today. It travels from east to west down Fourth Street.
Carnival rides will be offered through Saturday, and a wide variety of special events are planned for this year's fair.
Of course, 4-H'ers will exhibit the fruits of a year's worth of work, and area businesses plan displays.
A complete schedule of events, as well as coverage of the dog show and results from the shooting competition appear on pages 10A and 11A of today's edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs