PTA planning an active year
Tonganoxie's Parent Teacher Association has numerous activities planned for this year.
Tammy Bartels, secretary, said the group is planning to initiate programs for parents.
Topics will include sessions on storm safety, how to talk to children about sex, drug and alcohol abuse in children, and a program to help fathers become more involved in their children's educations.
Again this year, PTA will sponsor the knowledge bowl and the annual book fair.
For the first time, the organization will hold a winter carnival, slated for February.
"We're hoping to get the whole community involved businesses, parents, grandparents everyone," Bartels said.
Everyone, whether they have children in school or not, is welcome to become a member of PTA.
"We have some grandparents who are members," Bartels said.
For more information about how to join, call PTA president Janet Gripka, 369-2889.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- LMH Summer Spray 5K coming Saturday to Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie American Legion Post 41 makes large donation with flag
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital Summer Spray 5K comes July 18 to Tonganoxie
- Kansas University student dies from bacterial meningitis