Safety paramount at this time of year
It's that time of year again.
As schools in the Tonganoxie area open their doors to students, it's time for motorists to be especially conscious of safety.
As drivers travel rural roads and city streets, they should take care to watch carefully for students. Children will be making their way to buses and to cars. And they will be walking to and from school.
It only takes one moment of inattentive driving to turn an otherwise-ordinary day into a disaster.
Children, particularly younger children, are not always thinking about the dangers the vehicles pose. So it is up to drivers to take on that responsibility.
Let's all make a commitment to ensure that the 2001-2002 school year is safe for all of the children in the Tonganoxie area.
More like this story
- This year's Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade to salute Vitenam veterans
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- What's on your (license) plate?
- Desert Storm veterans to be honored Friday at Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade
- Computer issue delaying processing of Kansas vets' claims