Anniversary: Norman and Mary Walker
Mr. and Mrs. Norman Walker, Tonganoxie will celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary with family on Sunday.
Mary DeHoff and Norman Walker were married Aug. 31, 1946, at Barlow Chapel in Lawrence.
The couple have two children, Rita Walker Bailey and Gary Walker both of Tonganoxie; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. A son, Eddie, died in 1971.
Norman Walker owned and operated Walker Trucking until 1993. He currently drives for Kindle Sand and Gravel. Mary Walker retired from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
More like this story
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups