Anniversary: Norman and Mary Walker
Mr. and Mrs. Norman Walker, Tonganoxie will celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary with family on Sunday.
Mary DeHoff and Norman Walker were married Aug. 31, 1946, at Barlow Chapel in Lawrence.
The couple have two children, Rita Walker Bailey and Gary Walker both of Tonganoxie; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. A son, Eddie, died in 1971.
Norman Walker owned and operated Walker Trucking until 1993. He currently drives for Kindle Sand and Gravel. Mary Walker retired from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
More like this story
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Brownback budget plan targets bioscience fund, corrections, highway patrol
- Kansas State of State address: Brownback appeals to GOP base
- Lucky breaks with federal funds, pensions help Kansas budget
- Brownback urges schools to move more money into classrooms