Cross country teams get set for seasons
The Tonganoxie boys' and girls' cross country teams start their path toward regionals and state with a season-opening quadrangular meet in Tonganoxie on Thursday.
Competing against Basehor-Linwood, Lansing and Kansas City Christian, the Chieftains should be strong at their home meet. Tonganoxie High School coach Phil Williams said the boys should win the season opener, while the girls' side will be pretty balanced on Thursday.
"Individually, Basehor and Lansing have some great runners," Williams said about the boys' teams. "They're not as strong team-wise."
Kansas City Christian, meanwhile, took fourth in last year's Class 2-1A state meet.
For the girls, Williams didn't see a clear-cut favorite.
Lansing's squad might be a partial Lion team.
More like this story
- Kansas House, Senate panels approve judicial budget bill
- KCC workers opt to leave civil service for pay raises
- Kansas efficiency consultants outline $2 billion in savings, efficiencies over five years
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Kansas congressional staffer sentenced for child sex charges