Jean A. Knipp
Services for Jean A. Knipp, 64, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 30, 2001, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Tonganoxie with the Rev. Mark Goldasich officiating. Burial will be in Sacred Heart Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Knipp died Monday, Aug. 27, 2001, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. She was born June 8, 1937, in Mount Clemens, Minn., the daughter of George and Helen (Horger) Mansfield.
She was a homemaker and was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church and the Altar Society.
On May 17, 1959, she married William "Buck" Knipp. He died on July 17, 1999.
Survivors include a son, Mark Knipp, Tonganoxie; three daughters, Deborah Wiles, Ramona, Catherine Cain, Tonganoxie, and Mary Bowes, Los Angeles; two brothers, George Mansfield Jr., San Diego, and Henry Mansfield, Inverness, Fla.; a sister, Betty Bairley, Orlando, Fla.; and seven grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today, Aug. 29, 2001, at Quisenberry Funeral home in Tonganoxie, where a rosary will be said at 7 p.m.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Lung Association or the Sacred Heart Catholic Church's Building Fund, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Wichita says pot ordinance should be stayed till court rules
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy