Marvin Linvel Green
Services for Marvin Linvel Green, 66, Tonganoxie, were Friday, Nov. 30, 2001, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, with Marvin Green II officiating. Burial was in Maple Grove Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Green died Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2001, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. He was born May 31, 1935, in St. Paul's, N.C., the son of William Bosman and Fannie B. (Cagle) Green.
He was a retired chief hospital corpsman for the U.S. Navy who was a veteran of the Korean War and the Vietnam War.
He married Edna Eileen Turner on Aug. 6, 1955, in Las Vegas. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Marvin Green II, Goose Creek, S.C.; and five daughters, Daryll Nottingham, Puyallup, Wash., Susan Chambers and Kriss Tully, both of Wichita, Nancy Cuba, De Soto, and Barbara Hornberger, Colorado Springs.
More like this story
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy
- 2 dead after shooting in Overland Park
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Open-records advocates decry Kansas effort to curtail public access to police reports
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old