Marvin Linvel Green
Services for Marvin Linvel Green, 66, Tonganoxie, were Friday, Nov. 30, 2001, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, with Marvin Green II officiating. Burial was in Maple Grove Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Green died Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2001, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. He was born May 31, 1935, in St. Paul's, N.C., the son of William Bosman and Fannie B. (Cagle) Green.
He was a retired chief hospital corpsman for the U.S. Navy who was a veteran of the Korean War and the Vietnam War.
He married Edna Eileen Turner on Aug. 6, 1955, in Las Vegas. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Marvin Green II, Goose Creek, S.C.; and five daughters, Daryll Nottingham, Puyallup, Wash., Susan Chambers and Kriss Tully, both of Wichita, Nancy Cuba, De Soto, and Barbara Hornberger, Colorado Springs.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers