Obituary: N. Jean Lenahan
Memorial services for N. Jean Lenahan, 69, Tonganoxie, will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, 2001, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Private inurnment will follow in Sacred Heart Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Lenahan died Monday, Dec. 10, 2001, at her home. She was born April 10, 1932, in Elkton, Mo., the daughter of Linville and Madeline (McCarl) Rountree.
She married John Cass Lenahan on June 12, 1954, in Tonganoxie.
She was a member of the TLC club and Good Shepherd Thrift Shop and Food Bank's board of directors, both of Tonganoxie, and Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
She earned a bachelor of arts degree in history from the University of Kansas, Lawrence.
She retired as section chief for the U.S. Army General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, and had been the acting curator of the Fort Leavenworth Museum.
Survivors include her husband, of the home; a son, John Cass "Chip" Lenahan Jr., Lomax, Ill.; two daughters, Beckie Lucile Borella and Angela Jean Lenahan, both of Tonganoxie; a brother, Charles Rountree, Tonganoxie; and six grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Good Shepherd Thrift Shop and Food Bank or Tonganoxie Library, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans
- Kansas Republicans hold to hard-right on social issues at state convention in Overland Park
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Tonganoxie mayor checking on potential conflict of interest with Tyson