obituary/Fred G. (Pete) Angell
Graveside services for Fred G. (Pete) Angell, 82, Tonganoxie, will be 10 a.m. Thursday at Hubbel Hill Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mr. Angel died Saturday, Dec. 13, 2001, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. He was born Feb. 9, 1919, in Tonganoxie, the son of Fred D. and Nell (Barber) Angell.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II. He worked for 37 years as an engineer for the Rock Island Railroad. Mr. Angel was a 1932 graduate of Tonganoxie High School, a member of First Congregation-al Church and Henri Masonic Lodge No. 190 AF&AM, all of Tonganoxie. He was a member of the American Legion Post No. 14, Lawrence, and a former fire chief for the Tonganoxie volunteer fire department.
He married Roberta Mildred Beech on June 22, 1940, in Tonganoxie. She died on Oct. 19, 1999.
Survivors include several nieces and nephews.
The family suggests memorial contributions to American Cancer Society or Ducks Unlimited, in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086. The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at the funeral home.
More like this story
- Kansas attorney general appoints new civil litigation chief
- Kansas Attorney General criticizes federal home health laws
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Melynda Harbour
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating