obituary/Marion Katherine Resco
Services for Marion Katherine Resco, 91, Lawrence, will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 22, 2001, at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home in Lawrence. Burial will be in Greenwood Cemetery, Clay Center.
Mrs. Resco died Monday, Dec. 17, 2001, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was born May 29, 1910, in Clay Center, the daughter of Albert and Edna Belle (Yowell) Eye.
She grew up in Clay Center and married Gerald Resco on Aug. 5, 1928, in Washington, Kan., where they lived for 14 years. They moved to Sunflower, where they lived for 22 months, and then to Linwood in 1944. The couple farmed and ran a blacksmith shop. Mrs. Resco worked as a cook at Linwood School for 10 years. She retired in 1977 and they couple moved to Lawrence. Mr. Resco died Feb. 22, 1984.
Mrs. Resco was a member of North Lawrence Christian Church.
Survivors include three grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
Her son, Albert Eugene Resco, died on Nov. 5, 1996.
Friends may call from noon to 9 p.m. Thursday and from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home.
The family suggests memorial contributions to North Lawrence Christian Church, in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 1260, Lawrence, 66044.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, Sept. 7-20, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Firefighters climb stairs in Wichita to honor 9/11 crews