Obituary: Ethel Fern Jones
Services for Ethel Fern Jones, Lansing, were Friday, Dec. 21, 2001, at Quisenberry Funeral Home. Burial was in Shawnee Mission Memory Gardens, Shawnee.
Mrs. Jones, 90, died Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2001, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
She was born Jan. 2, 1911, in Camden Point, Mo., the daughter of James A. and Sarah (Ferril) Vestal. She was retired from the personnel department of Hercules Inc., De Soto.
Her first husband, Bert. W. Yates, preceded her in death on June 12, 1980. She married Gilbert B. Jones on Aug. 2, 1985, in Kansas City, Kan. He survives.
Other survivors include a stepson, Mike Jones, Dodge City, and several nieces and nephews.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Heart Association.
More like this story
- Chemistry key for Tonganoxie High softball in early going
- De Soto hands Tonganoxie football second straight loss
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Tonganoxie High grad still playing ball
- Tonganoxie High boys can't overcome early deficit in regular-season finale; Piper next in substate Friday