To the editor:
Bonner Springs, Basehor and Tonganoxie residents who try to keep their autos relatively clean have noticed that OUR new 24-40 highway around the race track continues to have melting snow and ice run-off from the high side of the roadway due to improper construction of the curb cuts. These gutters obviously don't slope back towards the curb allowing this water to be channeled to the drains. Not only does this constitute a continuing mess but this water re-freeze over night causing a slick roadway and causing an additional hazard or more chemicals.
I urge you to contact the Kansas Department of Transportation and ask that this be resolved now or we will live with this forever.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties