To the editor:
Bonner Springs, Basehor and Tonganoxie residents who try to keep their autos relatively clean have noticed that OUR new 24-40 highway around the race track continues to have melting snow and ice run-off from the high side of the roadway due to improper construction of the curb cuts. These gutters obviously don't slope back towards the curb allowing this water to be channeled to the drains. Not only does this constitute a continuing mess but this water re-freeze over night causing a slick roadway and causing an additional hazard or more chemicals.
I urge you to contact the Kansas Department of Transportation and ask that this be resolved now or we will live with this forever.
More like this story
- City officials fix water main break; water district to continue to supply community until Monday
- Flash flood warning issued for Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas 192 in Leavenworth County closed due to flooding
- Conditions vary for morning commutes across region
- Semi overturns on I-70 on-ramp from K-7