Meeting on casino delayed
A meeting between Leavenworth County commissioners and the chief of the Delaware Tribe of Indians has been postponed until Thursday afternoon.
The meeting, originally set Tuesday afternoon, was rescheduled because commissioners wanted to attend the DARE graduation program at Tonganoxie Elementary School. The meeting will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday at the courthouse in Leavenworth.
Dee Ketchum, chief of the Delaware Tribe, is expected to discuss the possibility of constructing a gambling casino in Leavenworth County.
The Mirror will provide coverage next week of both the DARE graduation program and the commissioners' meeting with Ketchum.
More like this story
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund