Meeting on casino delayed
A meeting between Leavenworth County commissioners and the chief of the Delaware Tribe of Indians has been postponed until Thursday afternoon.
The meeting, originally set Tuesday afternoon, was rescheduled because commissioners wanted to attend the DARE graduation program at Tonganoxie Elementary School. The meeting will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday at the courthouse in Leavenworth.
Dee Ketchum, chief of the Delaware Tribe, is expected to discuss the possibility of constructing a gambling casino in Leavenworth County.
The Mirror will provide coverage next week of both the DARE graduation program and the commissioners' meeting with Ketchum.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Weather in Tonganoxie causes outages, postponement
- Leavenworth, Douglas county officials battle grass fires; Tonganoxie chief offers prevention tips
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Tonganoxie calls special meeting for further financing disucssion