Amerifirst Mortgage planning expansion
Amerifirst Mortgage, which opened a Tonganoxie office last fall, will expand in March into Wyandotte County.
The new office will open March 1 at 8833 State Ave. The company's first office, located at 95th Street and Nieman Road in Overland Park, will remain open.
Janet Spencer, a lifelong Tonganoxie resident, has been the company's loan originator officer since September at the Tonganoxie location, in the Mills Insurance building, 304 West St.
Melissa and Kelly Walker, Piper, have owned the company for seven years and worked in the mortgage business for 13 years, Kelly Walker said.
Services offered include financing for home purchases or refinancing, as well as commercial lending. The business caters to those who have had credit problems in the past, or to those who need quick loan approvals.
But Spencer said many of their customers have never had credit difficulties.
"A lot of people come to us because of the services we can provide for them," Spencer said.
More like this story
- Derby police to give school officers body cameras
- Tonganoxie senior earns K-State's Putnam Scholarship
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Public hearing airs disagreements about Wichita State chapel