Comprehensive plan an important step
Thursday night, a planning consultant will present the city's draft of a 20-year comprehensive development plan to the public.
During a 7 p.m. meeting at Tonganoxie High School, Eric Strauss, a University of Kansas professor hired by the city, will go step-by-step through the plan, which includes the work of many elected and appointed city officials.
The plan includes land-use maps, as well as forecasts for the future.
It's important that citizens of the Tonganoxie area take the time to hear the details of the document because it will have a bearing on our community for years. Granted, the plan will be updated annually, but it's necessary that members of the public voice their thoughts on the planning guide.
More like this story
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas