Comprehensive plan an important step
Thursday night, a planning consultant will present the city's draft of a 20-year comprehensive development plan to the public.
During a 7 p.m. meeting at Tonganoxie High School, Eric Strauss, a University of Kansas professor hired by the city, will go step-by-step through the plan, which includes the work of many elected and appointed city officials.
The plan includes land-use maps, as well as forecasts for the future.
It's important that citizens of the Tonganoxie area take the time to hear the details of the document because it will have a bearing on our community for years. Granted, the plan will be updated annually, but it's necessary that members of the public voice their thoughts on the planning guide.
More like this story
- LMH Breast Risk Assessment Clinic helps identify cancer risks
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions
- Lawrence Memorial plans for Tonganoxie office expansion later this year
- Blizzard warning issued for northwest Kansas
- Tonganoxie man in court on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges