Development plan ready for comment from public
The city's offering a chance for members of the Tonganoxie area to review and comment on a draft of a comprehensive development plan.
During a public hearing at 7 p.m. Thursday at Tonganoxie High School, the plan will be explained, and citizens will have an opportunity to comment on the draft. Once public comment is received, the plan will be altered, and then considered for adoption by the planning commission and city council.
The plan is designed to guide development in Tonganoxie and the surrounding area for the next 20 years. It will be updated annually, according to Mayor John Franiuk.
More like this story
- Kansas State of State address: Brownback appeals to GOP base
- Brownback budget plan targets bioscience fund, corrections, highway patrol
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts