Golf course community plan revived near Basehor
A golf course development northeast of Basehor that was derailed several years ago because of financial problems appears to be back on track.
The former Prairie Lake Estates has a new name Falcon Lakes and could be annexed into the city.
"They're proposing to develop it with a golf course community," said Basehor Mayor John Pfannenstiel. "We're in discussions with them about annexing it into the city and providing sewer services."
He said a Lenexa firm that purchased the property plans to develop two or three lakes and 550 homes, as well as a club house and golf course.
The property is between Kansas Highway 7 and 147th Street, bounded by Hollingsworth Road and the extension of Donohoo Road.
The housing and recreation development would be built in stages.
"They're on the fast track, and probably would be under construction this year," Pfannenstiel said.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers