County Annex to offer license renewals
Starting next Tuesday, southern Leavenworth County residents will be able to renew their driver's licenses at the County Annex in Tonganoxie.
Janice Young, Leavenworth County treasurer, said her staff members at the annex will be working this week to iron out any problems with the new service.
People who need new licenses still must travel to the driver's license bureaus in Leavenworth or Lansing. But anyone who simply needs a renewal can complete the process at the annex, which is at the northeast corner of Laming Road and U.S. Highway 24-40.
The treasurer's office will charge an additional $1 for the service at the annex, Young said.
More like this story
- Former Johnson County elections chief used used political ties to limit voting
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Tiebreaking vote grants chruch tax break
- Kansas House vote shows weak support for constitutional amendment on judicial selection
- A closer look at Leavenworth County Humane Society