Chamber planning annual banquet
An assistant to U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts will be the featured speaker at this year's Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce annual banquet.
The gathering will begin at 6:30 p.m. next Wednesday at Sacred Hearth Catholic Church, 703 River. Harold Stones, Kansas special projects director for Roberts, is working as the Republican senator's liaison with local governments, economic development groups, chambers of commerce and companies that create jobs for Kansans. Stones is a retired executive vice president of the Kansas Bankers Association. He also had been an associate professor of speech, and director of alumni affairs and student placement at Fort Hays State University.
In addition chamber members will install their new president, Bill Grant. Three new board members Chris Donnelly, Kevin Gallagher and Rob Schuck will be installed, as well as these officers: Gallagher, vice president; John Evans II, treasurer; and Nancy Younger, secretary. A Citizen of the Year will be named at the banquet.
To make reservations, call the chamber office, 845-9244, by Friday.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls