Information important to casino discussions
Leavenworth County commissioners are correct in taking a wait-and-see attitude concerning the possibility that a casino could be constructed in the area.
The chief of the Delaware Tribe of Indians, based in Bartlesville, Okla., wants to visit with commissioners about economic development. Commissioners Don Navinsky and Bob Adams said that while they both have questions for Chief Dee Ketchum, they both are eager to listen to what he has to say.
That is wise.
Whether Leavenworth County is the correct site for a casino remains to be decided, and county commissioners are correct to hear as much as they can before they form an opinion.
Any proposal for a casino likely will spark a great deal of discussion among residents of Leavenworth County. And those discussions should be based on as much information as possible.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims