Making a statement with debate
Tonganoxie High School debaters have been lining their walls with trophies for the last eight years. In the top photo, 4A state first-place recipients of the two-speaker and four-speaker debate competitions hold their plaques and trophies at last week's awards assembly. Luke Manson and Marissa Stephenson carry their state first-place trophy for two-speaker debate in the picture.
More like this story
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- Leavenworth County liquor store allegedly sells to undercover 19-year-old