Home Depot still a possibility in Lansing
A Home Depot store for the Lansing/Leavenworth area may still be on the horizon.
Tom Gray, spokesperson for the Atlanta-based home improvement retailer, said the area remains of interest to the corporation.
"It's still on the radar screen," Gray said. "But there's no timetable."
Earlier this year, Michael Smith, Lansing city administrator, said Home Depot was interested in building a store on 18 acres north of the intersection of Kansas Highway 7 and 4-H Road, in southern Lansing.
Smith was unavailable for comment this week.
Gray said, that to his knowledge no plans had yet been finalized.
"There hasn't been any kind of a deal made at the moment," Gray said.
"But that's not to say it wouldn't change at some point. It's still there and as long as it's still there, something sooner or later hopefully will happen."
More like this story
- Remember When: A Community Review for Dec. 14, 2016
- Tonganoxie VFW, American Legion planning Memorial Day weekend services
- Tonganoxie City Council holds off on excise tax decision for church
- 15 things you might not know about Tonganoxie
- Cemetery stroll next month at Holy Angels with First City PAST group